ngs_backbone is a bioinformatic pipeline created to work on Next Generation Sequence (NGS) analysis as well as with sanger sequences. It is capable of cleaning reads, prepare a novo assembly, map reads against a reference, look for SNPs and SSRs, and do some function annotation like: ORFs, GO terms and sequence descriptions.
- is mainly a wrapper around external tools like: bwa, samtools, blast, etc.
- uses standard files like fastq, SAM, VCF and GFF to ease the interoperability with other tools.
- is a command line application.
- is free software released under the AGPL license with the hope that could be useful to other laboratories.
- runs in Linux so experience with that operating system is advised when using it.
- is written in Python.
- can run in parallel using single node multicore systems and computer clusters.
If you find any problem when running ngs_backbone we’d love to hear from you, so please inform us.
To get help there is a mailing list for ngs_backbone. If you have any question send an email to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or see the archive list.